I am dedicating this month to my mental health, attitude and mind. Mindfullness May is a way to get back in touch with who I am at the very core, staying in the moment and be a better person to myself and to others.
As I’m a bit delayed for the month I will be following the guidelines below for the rest of this month and beyond. Feel free to join me, and treat your mind and body the way it deserves.
- Meditate at lease ONCE every single day. Whether it’s in silence or through an app.
- Practice single tasking. Try doing one thing at once, and avoiding distractions.
- Get out in nature. Whenever your feeling down, have been spending too much time on the computer or social media. Get out of the house, without your phone and just walk around, breathe in the fresh air and see the beauty the world has to offer.
- Write in a journal. Just a page or two. Write whatever comes to your mind and express yourself through words.
- Practice yoga or stretching every couple of days. It can be for 3 minutes or half an hour. Just getting into this habit is extremely beneficial.
- Turn your negative thoughts into positive ones. Whenever I get in a mood, and see the bad in everything, I will try to swiftly catch myself and turn my frown upside down and take on a more positive attitude.
- Carry out small acts of kindness. Whether it’s asking someone how there day is going (and generally caring what the answer is), complimenting someone, or donating money. I will keep my mind open to giving to others.