It’s Christmas time once again. Yes it involves materialistic gifts, carols and being merry. But what Christmas is at it’s core is another opportunity to give. Here are some ways you could do this….
- Donate to a cause close to your heart. For me this would be Cancer charities (as I lost 2 Grandparents to Pancreatic Cancer and Bowel Cancer respectively.) And animal charities, because I’m vegan. You could also ask others to donate to these charities as a gift to you.
- Spend quality time with friends and family. Put the phone away, be in the moment, time is the best gift possible.
- Volunteer. You could do this at a soup kitchen, an animal sanctuary etc
- Donate to charity shops. If there’s anything I’ve learnt this year it’s that there is a lot of stuff we own that we don’t need and someone else could benefit from.
- Make Gifts. Personalised gifts are a great way to go when giving to friends and family. Food, christmas cards, beauty products are all possibilities.
Wishing you a relaxing and Merry Christmas.
Be thankful for all you have and give to those in need.